- Jamie McGee – Guitar and Bass Lessons
- Online Lessons Available
- Jamie started playing the guitar in the year 2000 when he was 10 years old. Music remained Jamie’s passion throughout secondary school and became the focus of his VCE studies, where he excelled in Music Solo, Music Group and VET Music. Following VCE, Jamie furthered his music studies completing an ‘Advanced Diploma of Music Performance’ (NMIT – Greensborough), ‘Bachelor of Music Performance (Improvisation)’ (Victorian College of the Arts), ‘Master of Music (Performance Teaching)’ (University of Melbourne) and a ‘Postgraduate Diploma of Education’ (La Trobe University).
- During Jamie’s tertiary music studies, he worked consistently as an instrumental music teacher specialising in Guitar and Bass. Jamie is registered with the ‘Victorian Institute of Teaching’ and has worked in a diverse range of teaching environments including primary schools, secondary schools and music academies; tutoring students individually, as a group, or in an ensemble setting.
- Jamie has performed live with several bands and ensembles in a variety of Melbourne’s prominent venues including: Crown Casino, Hamer Hall, Melbourne Recital Centre and Bennett’s Lane Jazz Club. In addition, he has performed at many wedding receptions, corporate functions, pubs and night clubs.
- Throughout Jamie’s music education, he has learnt from renowned Melbourne teachers including: Lucas Michailidis, James Sherlock, Ken Murray, Ashley Cross, Peter Petrucci and Geoff Hughes. As a developing artist, Jamie has also taken inspiration from musicians such as: Guthrie Govan, Steve Morse, Eddie Van Halen, Steve Vai, Pat Metheny and John Scofield.